Powder Keg USA: US heading toward fascism and civil war
“In the long run it is far more dangerous to adhere to illusion than to face what the actual truth is.” – David Bohm
It is very important that we now divest ourselves of any remaining willful ignorance. It is too late, and the stakes too high, for denial and wishful thinking to persist. Dream of better times, generate and hold fast to a more noble vision, but do not let our view of reality be skewed by a fear of facing the truth.
A year and a half ago I came across information pertaining to a number of very large issues, and was compelled to research them, and their inter-relationships, implications, and probable outcomes, and then to summarize as concisely as possible these research findings and analyses. What I concluded then, in October of 2006, was that a number of very large patterns were in motion which, as they unfold, will profoundly affect the US and the world, and further, that the United States was a powder keg, set to explode. Less than eighteen months later, we can see that the analysis was clearly correct, in all major facets, and the US is even more clearly, a powder keg waiting to explode. Here’s why, and here are some of the implications. The patterns are of profound significance and are unfolding rapidly, with increasing speed, therefore understanding them and forming appropriate responses is of urgent necessity.
From the October 2006 research summary:
A number of points which are now either undeniable, or at least have increasing and very strong evidence to support them:
- The United States is in a deep and growing crisis of legitimacy, a serious and deepening internal political crisis, with the result of very significant and mounting instability – a crisis which will only get worse by ignoring it, and will be further exacerbated by the other related unfolding crises, both manufactured and otherwise. The following inter-related dynamics will affect the growing US political crisis profoundly.
- The US is on the verge of economic collapse. 14 months later, this now is admitted by nearly everyone. When economic collapse hits the US, the political crisis will move from deeply serious to explosive as public discontent reaches a flashpoint. US elites are most certainly taking actions in advance to deal with the deepening political crisis.
- Peak oil is about to hit globally, with profound economic, social and political implications for the US and the world. That was the best analysis in fall 2006. It now has hit, and is unfolding, as is being admitted. As predicted, oil prices rose dramatically, causing global economic shock and downturn. Oil prices went from US$ 50 a barrel in 2006 to US$ 100 a barrel in 2007. Between 2002 and 2007 world oil prices rose from US$ 20/barrel to US$ 100/barrel – a five-fold increase, again, as predicted. The economic ramifications are severe and growing as energy costs for all manufacturing and shipping rise exponentially.
In case you haven’t been watching:
- A political scandal of simply tectonic magnitude is unfolding rapidly within the US – speaking from October 2006 – on top of the already precarious situation of a long-standing and slowly deepening political crisis. (Remember that the slowly deepening crisis of legitimacy which unfolded over decades within the Soviet Union led ultimately to a “tipping point” in which the entire structure collapsed, virtually overnight.) In September and October 2006 two things happened which moved the US domestic political crisis from deep and growing, to precipitous and potentially cataclysmic in terms of its effects, as least as far as the political and business elite of the country are concerned. One: Hugo Chavez stated before the UN that there is growing evidence, and a growing number of people around the world and within the US are coming to believe, that elements within the US government actively participated in the terrorist attacks on the US on September 11. The media around the world and across the US reported on a story that was too big to silence: the story of the accusation, that is. A much more important event occurred that fall: the number of US citizens who believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that elements within the US government were actively involved in the 9/11 terrorist attack on the US reached 36% – and the number of Americans who do not believe the official story reached a stunning 84%. As of October 2006 only 16% of Americans believed the official story. This is a cataclysmic scale crisis of legitimacy, a scandal of truly tectonic proportions. This is what I would call a “house of cards event.”
By now, fourteen months later, over 100 scholars, prominent military, intelligence, government and media figures have stated that the official story is untenable, and that there are serious questions as to active involvement in the attacks by high level US government officials and agents. The former head of the Russian air force has stated the official story is impossible (that statement actually came in fall 2001). Former German parliamentarian Helmut Schmidt has said that WTC-7 was brought down by controlled demolition, in order to conceal the evidence as to who orchestrated the attack, which was coordinated out of that same building. Former assistant editor for the Wall Street Journal, and creator of Reaganomics, Paul Craig Roberts, has said that the evidence is incontrovertible that WTC-7 was brought down by controlled demolition. Former Italian Prime Minister Francesco Cossiga has publicly declared that, “the disastrous attack was planned and carried out by the American CIA and the Mossad” – and went on to state that every intelligence agency in the world knows this.
The domestic political crisis in the US, though smoothed over by the network media, is fast approaching a tipping point, and the political and business elite are highly aware of this fact. When popular discontent is already deep and wide, and a scandal of such magnitude is erupting, even the conditions that set off the first American Revolution seem to pale in comparison. Such gross criminal activity on the part of domestic elites is bound to provoke a full scale crisis of confidence, to put it mildly.
This makes Watergate look like a love-in. This is the stuff of a Boston Tea Party. US elites are not taking this lightly, of course.
- For geo-strategic reasons, primarily control over world energy resources, as well as for reasons of domestic instability and internal political crisis (I’ll explain why in a moment), the US is likely to attack Iran, if the people of the US and the world do not stop a government that is out of control. This is only becoming more and more evident.
- An attack on Iran would require an enormous pretext, given that the American people do not want even to continue the war in Iraq, let alone expand it. Opposition to the war in Iraq has now grown to approximately 70%. Yet the US government seems intent on expanding the war in the Middle East, and attacking Iran, possibly with nuclear weapons. (Controlling the Middle East means controlling approximately 70% of world oil supplies. Controlling world oil supplies means dominating the global economy and the world, as PNAC and the Pentagon have openly stated is their aim. Peak oil only adds to their sense of urgency.)
(Note that none of the remaining US presidential candidates, with the exception of Ron Paul and Mike Gravel, are willing to stop the current trend toward escalating war in the Middle East, so counting on electoral change is patently foolish, unless somehow Ron Paul or Mike Gravel were to win. Obama and Hillary have both said with regard to Iran, “Everything is on the table” – nuclear first strike and all.)
Not only would an attack on Iran risk ecological and humanitarian disaster, as well as seriously risk a world war, but would require the greatest of pretexts to get the American people to go along with it. In the words of the neo-con think tank PNAC, it would seem to require a “cataclysmic event,” or as Zbig himself described it in his 1997 book on global geo-strategy, The Grand Chessboard, a “Pearl Harbor type event.”
This begs a very frightening question. Following my analysis in the fall of 2006, less than six months later, Zbigniew Brzezinski warned the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee that just such a false flag event, a terrorist attack on the US, “blamed on Iran….and a quote, unquote, defensive retaliation against Iran,” was a likely scenario. Congressman Ron Paul has also stated that he believes the danger of a Gulf of Tonkin event is great. (He is softening the blow for us. It would be, rather, much more severe than an offshore event which would be needed, in all likelihood, given the extremely strong public opposition to expanding or even continuing the war.)
Remember also that former NATO Supreme Allied Commander General Tommy Franks said in an interview a couple of years ago that if there is another terrorist attack on the US it would likely be the end of democracy – Congress would not likely be reconvened, he said.
Of course, the final destruction of what remains of democracy, freedom and civil rights in America, under a police state, would provoke civil war. Again, the elite surely know this very well. Civil war in turn gives further pretext and justification for crackdown on dissent. “Domestic terrorism” charges will be used to eliminate all political opposition and dissenting voices – most likely via media spin, while individuals and groups are quietly rounded up in mass arrests, without trial or due process of law.
Witness the Green Zone and giant high-security embassy in Bagdad: US forces are training in maintaining full dominance within a setting of permanent civil war. Iraq is the laboratory for what is to be applied at home. War justifies repression, repression ensures continuing war, and war and repression yield dominance and plunder. It is a simple yet effective strategy, at least in the short run. Permanent war means a permanent state of emergency, as well as great profits for the military-industrial complex. It would be a return to the walled cities of feudal times, backed by new mercenaries armies such as Blackwater. Outside the walls, chaos, violence, war and poverty reign. Inside the walls, it is a pampered police state for those who are sufficiently obedient. It is a very dark road that the US has set upon. It is a path into what one might most appropriately call feudal fascism, both at home and abroad.
Note also that this current trajectory ties in perfectly with the business elites’ agenda for a “new security environment” in “Fortress North America” within the framework of feudal fascist rule via the NACC and SPP. Canada and Mexico will thus also be drawn into this morass unless resistance and an alternative vision are quickly generated. US business elites want Canadian oil and Mexican labour, as well as continental “security.” The popular movement to resist this agenda of fascism under continental corporate rule must therefore be international. We are now clearly in this together.
In each of these cases, the evidence has only grown more compelling.
Put the pieces together.
a) Deep and growing crisis of legitimacy in the US.
b) Rapidly unfolding economic crisis in the US, which will only exacerbate the
underlying political crisis.
c) Peak oil crisis unfolding rapidly, compounding both the economic and political
d) A “house of cards event” emerging rapidly with the 9/11 scandal – a scandal big enough to bring down not just a government, but an entire socio-political order, a la the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1989-90.
e) A war planned on Iran to secure geostrategically vital world energy reserves, requiring a giant pretext to get the American people to accept expansion of war in the Middle East, when what they want now is to end it.
f) The warnings of former National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski that such an unfolding of events is “likely.”
g) Tommy Franks statement that another event would precipitate the foreclosure of democracy in America.
Elements of the US political and business elite are sufficiently desperate, power hungry and reckless as to consider and plan for a series of events, which, if successful, would resolve the political crisis in the US – by dissolving democracy and invoking a police state – while securing control over the majority of the world’s remaining energy reserves in an era of diminishing oil supplies. For some, this must seem a wonderful win-win scenario. Of course, for the vast majority, this means living hell.
If unsuccessful, the consequences may be global thermonuclear annihilation of the entire Northern Hemisphere – but you have to take some risks, right?
There are other profound implications, such as global economic collapse, due to the strangulation of oil shipments and spiking oil prices within the context of an already volatile and unstable global economy, but the very real potential of nuclear disaster tops the list, followed closely by the nightmare scenario of the re-emergence of fascism in the Western world.
By the way, Russia and China are now economic and military allies with Iran, and both are nuclear powers with ICBMs. Word is, the mad fools in Washington, or those at the helm at least, are actively seeking a confrontation with two of the world’s military, economic and nuclear superpowers. The insanity is truly mind-boggling.
As we speak, five air craft carrier groups are stationed off Iran, the war propaganda continues, preparing the public mind for acquiescence, and the political crisis in the US sinks deeper, while the US economy slides steadily off a cliff, and the peak oil crunch continues to unfold.
Think about it. This is end game. The US elite know this. We should harbour no illusions.
Note that this entire analysis does not even mention one giant and now undeniable pattern which is also rapidly unfolding, by clearly conscious design, and that is the war on democracy and the assault on freedom and civil liberties, which has been on-going and escalating since September 11 in particular. (It began earlier, but 9/11 was the “catalyst” to greatly speed up the process.) Consider the above in light of this.
The “Global War on Terror” (GWOT) has been used, and it is increasingly self-evident that it has been very consciously used, for the purpose of creating a state of permanent global imperial warfare on the one hand, and in order to “win” the war on democracy on the other. “Winning” in this context means global dominance is consolidated for the transnational business elite who already dominate the governments of the G-8 and the Western world. “Winning” is thus slavery for humanity – at home and abroad – and the destruction of democracy and freedom.
Note also that the Washington Post published a leaked memo from the Pentagon which was addressed to high level military and government officials, and which stated that the Global War on Terror is to be completed, won, by October 2008. The memo made explicit that this was a performance-related objective, communicating in definite terms that pay would be affected if targets are not reached.
What do we conclude from that? Bush and Cheney said this would be a war without end. Iraq has bogged down into civil war and quagmire and drags on endlessly, while neocons and Democrats bicker and posture while agreeing to “stay the course” and keep the troops in occupation position. Now the Pentagon wants the war wrapped up, completed and won within the next nine months (before the 2008 election). What dark entity is the Pentagon planning to birth in that time frame? What does the Pentagon consider “completion” or “winning” of the “global war on terror” – particularly when any intelligent observer can see that it is not a war on terrorism, but a war of empire and a war on democracy? Are we to assume then that the Pentagon has set a firm target, and that global consolidation of the empire, particularly, secure control over the Mid-East oil reserves, is to be complete by October 2008? That the war on democracy is to be won by October 2008? I think that we must give some very sober-minded consideration to these statements, in light of recent developments. A tremendous amount is at stake here.
I believe it is time we speak the truth directly. This is a war on the people of the earth. It must stop. And it is the people of the earth who must stop it.
I would say it is time for the people of the United States, and the people of the world, to stand up, and say in no uncertain terms, that this has gone far enough, and to demand, a) an end to military adventurism and imperial designs, and b) a respect for human rights, civil liberties, constitutional democracy, freedom and the self-determination of peoples in all nations – and in action, and not simply rhetoric.
Stop the madness!
People of the United States, people of the world, speak now. The stakes are high. This is our future. This is our children’s future. Too much is at stake to leave the future of humanity in the hands of those who are drunk with power. It is time to take the power back.
The future is in our hands. If we continue to give our power to a small band of elites, the above scenario will most likely unfold in all its terrible fullness. It is up to us, as always, the people of the Earth. Choose wisely. The powerful rule only when and if we give them our power. Remove that power and they fall like a house of cards. The Soviet Empire’s collapse proved this. It is now time for the collapse of the Western empire, and the birth of true democracy. Stay alert. The story is not yet over. We can write the next chapter if we so choose. Allowing the power elite to write it for us would be disastrous. Pick up the pen. Reclaim your power. Let us write a better story for the future of humanity and the earth.
“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs: when he first appears, he is a protector.” – Plato
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” – U.S. President James Madison
“Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death”. – Adolph Hitler
“Why of course the people don’t want war … But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship … Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” – Hermann Goering, Nazi leader, speaking before the Nuremberg Trials.
“The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”. – Josef Stalin
But it can’t happen here. Or can it?
Do we really believe that certain countries are immune from the plots of evil men?
February 1, 2008
“War can never stop terrorism because war is the ultimate form of terrorism.”
– John Deer
“Empires don’t bring democracy, they control people…..Predictably, anyone who threatens imperial power is treated as if they were, to put it mildly, a trouble-maker, or even a terrorist….No-one in power really wants democracy, because democracy would challenge their power structures.” – Tony Benn