Overview: Geopolitics 2006-2008
– The Western (esp.U.S.) political and business elite face a severe and highly volatile crisis of legitimacy which is set to explode; in response, the elites want to lock-down their power while they have it. (See World Economic Forum global poll, 2002.) As international financier George Soros said recently, “We have to make major compromises now, or we may lose everything.” Clearly, the business elite do not wish to compromise, nor do they want to “lose everything”. The only alternative to these two options, therefore, is a power-grab: lock-down and consolidate while it is still possible. This is end-game. As Maude Barlow put it, it has come to a “global showdown” between the corporate elite and their empire of greed, and the people of the earth and democracy. The business elite may see a temporary victory, even though power lies ultimately with the vast majority, who in reality can only be ruled so long as we concede power and submit. In the not too distant future, the cooperation of the many with this unfolding corporate-fascist order will fall to critical levels, and the order will collapse. In the short term, a heightened and very ugly struggle between the forces of empire and those of democracy is likely – and is in fact, unfolding now at escalating speed.
– Internal documents as well as public statements by the Western business and political elite show (corroborated by historical evidence of their actions, patterns, motives and methods) that a) they want global dominance secured in their hands; b) that this will require control over world oil supplies – primarily in the mid-east and Canada; c) that imperial war, particularly for control over oil, will be necessary; d) that “catalyzing events” – aka false flag operations, vis-a-vis 9/11 – will be necessary in order to provide a pretext for the imperial wars; e) that maintaining control over the homeland and heart of the empire during the present time of propaganda failure will require resort to force – ie: fascism; and f) that these considerations have been well thought out, and have been found acceptable to these same elites.
– Western business elites seek control of world oil reserves as means of securing global dominance; are preparing for attack on Iran sometime shortly after November 7, 2006 U.S. federal elections; need another “Pearl Harbor type event” to provide cover for the attack; and will likely launch a “catalyzing event” not long after November 7.
– The next 9/11 will provide a pretext for a) the attack on Iran to secure mid-east oil reserves, and b) the lock-down on power in the homeland, the heart of the empire – North America and Europe – via martial law and the full emergence of a police state.
– The U.S.-led NATO forces that have been deployed to the Persian Gulf and eastern Mediterranean since late August 2006 indicate a military build-up of a scale that can only mean two things: war is planned for the very near future; the scale of the planned war is much greater than Iran alone. It could be said that the size of the build up is a precaution, due to the foreknowledge that this is an extremely dangerous gambit: China and Russia are almost certain adversaries if the U.S. and NATO attack Iran. In either case, the time-frame is clear: such a massive deployment of military force – on the part of the U.S., with the involvement of French, German and British forces – is for a clear and imminent purpose. Military build-up indicates a Western attack on Iran within a few months at the outside, and more likely within a few weeks or less.
– With Western elites set to attack Iran sometime between November 2006 and spring 2007 (the earlier end of the time-frame being more probable) the question is whether another false flag operation will be conducted to provide cover the operation: ie: the “war on terrorism” propaganda stepped up by the artificial creation of another terrorist attack on “the Homeland” in order to squeak through one more imperial war before the lock-down on power is complete? And the indications are, yes.
– The next “terrorist attack” will destroy the constitutions of the Western world, and democracy, once and for all – or so it is hoped by the business and political elite who wish to rule unencumbered by “the masses.” As General Tommy Franks declared, the next attack will be the end of democracy. (It is hoped.)
– With the Western elites preparing for imminent attack on Iran, a pretext needed, and the “war on terror” fears needing to be stirred up to fever-pitch to allow for such an arrogant and extraordinarily dangerous, wreckless and brazen move, the next “Pearl Harbor-type event” will likely be soon – between November 2006 and spring 2007; and that event will usher in the fascist state – for all of North America, and soon after, for as much of the world as the Western elite can control, including, of course, Europe.
– Also planned for 2007 is the completion of the “regulatory framework” for the SPP/NAU: that is, the new government of North America is to be in place and fully functioning by 2007. This is the unfolding of the “Security and Prosperity Partnership”, whereby Canada, the U.S. and Mexico are merged into one continental body, with one continent-wide government, in what is being called the North American Union. That government is called the NACC: the North American Council on Competitiveness; and it is composed of 10 representatives from each of the three nations. This council of 30 which is the NACC, the new North American government, is already appointed – appointed by the business elite of North America; and it is composed of representatives from the biggest corporations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. (We already know their names, and which corporations they come from.) 30 CEO’s will govern the entire continent. “The Homeland” becomes a full-fledged corporate-fascist state in 2007.
– At the same time, also to be expected from an attack on Iran – in fact, a guaranteed result, which is why the attack could not be launched prior to the November 7, 2006 U.S. elections – is a huge spike in global oil prices. The effects on the destabilization of the U.S. and also the global economy will be very great.
– Also at the same time, the U.S. dollar is already falling. Central banks the world over are pulling out. A run is about to commence. Capital flight will bring down the dollar, and the U.S. economy with it. Already the head of China’s central bank has said “We have enough [U.S. currency and Treasury Bonds].” The U.S. relies on $2.8 billion a day in foreign money coming into the U.S. system via the purchase of U.S. currency and Treasury Bonds, in order to off-set its $70 billion per month trade deficit. The main prop holding up the U.S. economy and U.S. dollar is the enormous inflow of money from China. Now China has said “We have enough.” The U.S. dollar is about to sink, and with it, the U.S. economy.
– When the U.S. dollar crashes, not only the U.S. economy follows with a crash, but the global economy as well. 66% of world currency reserves held by the central banks of the world’s nations are in U.S. dollars. With the crash of the U.S. dollar comes a global economic depression, if not system collapse. This is expected anytime over the near future by anyone who is paying attention.
– As if all of that were not already enough crisis and turmoil for one very short period of time – commencing fall 2006 with fall-out heavy through 2008 – to this we can add the reality of peak oil. According to the best evidence available, and some of the best analysts on the subject, peak oil will hit between 2006 and 2008. When it does, oil prices will spike suddenly and dramatically, and will continue to climb, likely quadrupling or more. As oil prices skyrocket, the cost of all shipping and transport becomes far more expensive. Virtually all consumer goods rise dramatically in price, including basics such as food. Costs for all businesses relying on transport or inputs or goods over long distances – most businesses now – go through the roof, and widespread bankruptcies, layoffs and unemployment ensues. In short, peak oil means global economic depression, and mass unemployment, poverty, homelessness and hunger. And this is estimated to hit at approximately the same time as we are dealing with the new unfolding of a North American corporate-fascist state under the SPP and NAU/NACC.
– To add further complexity, the U.S. government under Bush has snuck through a law that makes mandatory the holding of a “REAL ID” national identity card for all Americans by May 2008. Since by May 2008 Canada, the U.S. and Mexico will have ceased to exist as nations in any meaningful sense – having been stripped of both sovereignty and democracy, the NAU/SPP being in place by 2007, and “regulatory harmonization” under the NACC also having been completed by 2007 – the “smart card” micro-chip-based REAL ID will be continent-wide. “Papers please.” The stage is then set for the introduction of electronic currency, via the universal smart card. No card, no food. And since all personal data is stored on central databanks, accessed by a swipe of the card, being dubbed an “enemy combatant” without notice or trial can mean having all means of sustenance cut, with a few strokes on a remote keyboard, or one mouse-click, somewhere in the netherworld of the surveillance state. Any who hold the wrong opinions – that is, opinions that do not correspond to those the corporate rulers want us to have – can be silenced without even having to dispose of them to the detention centres (which are also under construction).
It would seem that it is critical for anyone who does not wish to become a slave, to start to come together, and quickly, to build alternative means of sustaining ourselves and one another during the coming time of crisis. Most will be swept into poverty by the global depression. The middle class will be essentially vaporized across the Western world. Government services will be gutted – far beyond the mere cut-backs of the past twenty years – as corporate rule takes hold in full. Hunger and homelessness will be widespread and epidemic as poverty becomes the norm. Meanwhile, those who can buy or sell in the new economy will be able to do so only insofar as they are willing to be silent and obedient slaves: dissidents will be shut down electronically, via the symbiosis of the electronic currency system, the universal smart card/ID, and the global surveillance state which serves corporate rule.
To be free in the new economy will mean being economically independent – and that does not mean being an employee, or relying on the monetary system. It means we need to establish parallel economies, whereby human needs and human freedom come first, not service to giant corporate feudal lords. We will need to establish cooperative local economies that operate parallel to and outside of the new economy, which will leave only poverty under fascism for the majority, and slavery with perks for the “lucky” few.
There is not much time to prepare for such an unthinkable, but unfortunately real unfolding of events. The time to act is now, both to resist, to prepare to survive this ordeal, and to build alternatives for this ugly system’s inevitable demise.
“In the long run, global politics are bound to become increasingly uncongenial to the concentration of hegemonic power in the hands of a single state. Hence, America is not only the first, as well as the only, truly global superpower, but it is also likely to be the very last.”
– U.S. long-term strategic planner and Trilateral Commission founder Zbigniew Brzezinksi, The Grand Chessboard
JTR, November 7, 2006
Links and references:
Preparations for an Attack on Iran:
False Flag: A “Pearl Harbor Type Event”
The emergence of fascism in the West:
Necessary Illusions; Thought Control in Democratic Societies – Chomsky, online text
Year 501: The Conquest Continues – Chomsky, online text
SPP/NAU/NACC: The new corporate fascist government of North America, 2007
Politics of Oil:
The Oil Factor: Behind the War on Terror – Google Video
U.S. Faces “Economic Armageddon”:
An empire at twilight:
Superpower’s global dominance in question
The crisis of legitimacy:
Global corporate rule is now fragile
REAL ID: Universal ID Cards
Globalization and the rise of corporate power:
On Globalization – Noam Chomsky
On the New World Order – Chomsky
Rollback – Chomsky
Emerging Framework of World Power – Chomsky – audio/video
Institutions vs. People: Will the Species Self-Destruct? – Chomsky – MIT video
150 CEOs rule Canada: Time to tame corporate power – Murray Dobbin
Another World: Alternative Ways to Globalization – audio/video
Powers and Prospects – Chomsky